Hurricane acomin'!!!

DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

:o or at least it feels like one, windwise. Chris Yates reporting some towns having 80 mph wind gusts. I got home in time to batten down my garbage cans, and catch a neighbor's can from two doors down. Wasn't sure which neighbor, so caught one leaving his house. Said it wasn't his, because he saw it blowing past his house. So I took that can plus another, there to the next house, by their back fence. Then rang one of those video doorbells and left a message. Or at least I hope I did.

Hope it's not raining hard when I go back for a 4:30 delivery downtown Peoria.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
Oscar Leroy
Reactions:

There was a crew pouring concrete across the street from us when the wind hit. They got caught in a flurry of leaves, sticks and dirt for about 2 minutes. And then it was gone.
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

Be safe everyone!
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!
RambleOn
Reactions:

Derecho - hurricane without an eye. Limb went through the rear window of the neighbor's Cadillac and a neighbor down the street has a tree on top of the garage. Trees down and power outages, but have not heard of people being seriously injured locally. I lost a few small limbs, but nothing serious. They are cut up and tied for trash collection this week. Could have been worse!
Above all, be kind!
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

"Could have been worse!" - RambleOn

I know it doesn't seem like it since there is much damage reported, but I think the storm lost power by the time it got here. I heard Kewanee suffered a lot of damage and the park there lost a lot of big trees.. Power was out and some even lost cell service. I'm glad we didn't have basement flooding rains to go with it.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

In Moline, 8 retired school buses and an RV caught fire during a storm. Witnesses report a power line falling on the RV, starting the fire that spread to the buses.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
peoriafootballfan
Reactions:

That storm came up fast! seems like it happened in 15 seconds.
I'm not a fan of storms like that. UGH
2020 sucks
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

kevwr1962 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:23 am "Could have been worse!" - RambleOn

I know it doesn't seem like it since there is much damage reported, but I think the storm lost power by the time it got here. I heard Kewanee suffered a lot of damage and the park there lost a lot of big trees.. Power was out and some even lost cell service. I'm glad we didn't have basement flooding rains to go with it.
There are people in Kewanee that still do not have electric.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

When my wife talked to her sister who lives in rural area of Chillicothe last night, her power had been off for 25 hours and still not back on.