Fall School

DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

My wife said she saw a news story about somewhere in Georgia, 900 students are quarantined after 50 tested positive. They have been in school for 6 days. I've not had a chance to look for the article.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

@LovelyRita, take a look at this, from Morton High School yesterday.

https://hoiabc.com/2020/08/11/packed-ha ... gh-school/
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
LovelyRita
Reactions:

I'm glad the kids seem to be following mask rules, but that many all crowded together is bonkers! A friend's son is moving to e-learning after experiencing that. He wasn't at all comfortable.
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

DennisinMH wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:55 am My wife said she saw a news story about somewhere in Georgia, 900 students are quarantined after 50 tested positive. They have been in school for 6 days. I've not had a chance to look for the article.
There was a pic going around FB about all of the kids packed into that GA school. The difference between that and Morton was no one in GA was wearing a mask. Don't know what the admin of THAT school district was thinking.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

There was a pic going around FB about all of the kids packed into that GA school. The difference between that and Morton was no one in GA was wearing a mask. Don't know what the admin of THAT school district was thinking.
[/quote]

My wife did say that in Georgia masks were encouraged, but not required. Not a good policy there.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

I see that Peoria Public School will push back the start date 1 week as week. This is good news!
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Mixed reports from various school districts. Some have parents that want in school sessions because of conflicts with arranging day care and working; Morton students posting about crowded hallways and being told to take mask breaks, as well as too many students in a classroom. In Dunlap, students are advising to have remote learning vs. in school.

https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... g-resumes/
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

On a related note, my daughter's high school just south of Springfield had opted for a hybrid plan. Class hours 1-2-3 meet in school Mondays and Wednesdays, remote on Tuesday and Thursday. Class hours 4-5-6 meet on Tuesday and Thursday, remotely Monday and Wednesday. All classes do remote on Fridays. However, the teachers union has submitted questions and concerns to the administration regarding this plan, asking 'What If' questions, with no response yet. Classes scheduled to begin next Thursday.
peoriafootballfan
Reactions:

My relatives in Troy IL tell me that since the kids are not doing lunch in a cafeteria, all kids stay in 1 room, the teachers switch class rooms.
2020 sucks
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

wideload wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:10 pm
born2race2win1954! wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:57 pm
LovelyRita wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:25 pm Says the guy with ZERO kids in school....
Do you have kids in school?
Do you?
I have a granddaughter who is in school.
Last edited by born2race2win1954! on Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!