Northwoods Mall transforming parking lot into free drive-in theater

Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

SNMehr wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:51 pm
JustRight wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:59 am
SNMehr wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:50 am I remember when Landmark tried this and people were all like "that place is too dangerous". With all the fights, issues, etc. the mall has had, I wonder if this will plague them also?
I hope not. Wasn’t the one at Landmark for profit?
The showings at the mall are free.
Yes, it was for profit. But if the shenanigans that have plagued the mall over the last few years spills out to the free family movies, how will that effect the attendance even if it is free.
Fair Point.
SNMehr
Reactions:

Pock wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:47 pm
SNMehr wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:51 pm
JustRight wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:59 am
I hope not. Wasn’t the one at Landmark for profit?
The showings at the mall are free.
Yes, it was for profit. But if the shenanigans that have plagued the mall over the last few years spills out to the free family movies, how will that effect the attendance even if it is free.
Fair Point.
Don't get me wrong, I hope they succeed!! I've read the article and their website. I'm guessing you have to bring your own soda and popcorn....I didn't see anything about concessions.
bgbird68
Reactions:

I can't remember the last report of problems at Northwoods. Maybe I missed something.
RambleOn
Reactions:

The fights that broke out stemming from Round One. Don't know that anything has happened lately.
Above all, be kind!
SNMehr
Reactions:

@bigbird68 @RambleOn

You are correct. Nothing lately. They did put that police sub station in....maybe that helped. Maybe the newness of the place wore off and not as many troublemakers show up.
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

The issues have seemed to slowed. I think the increased security has helped.
Cornstar
The Oracle
Reactions:

Come on, This place is going to be a Blood Bath. The idiots of Peoria ruin everything they touch.
NO LIVES MATTER
SNMehr
Reactions:

Pock wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:11 pm The issues have seemed to slowed. I think the increased security has helped.
Are you saying more security/police presence has deterred lawlessness? My, what a novel thought.