Fall School

LovelyRita
Reactions:

AV8R wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:09 pm the monkeys specifically, or...........
Would you place a bet that no one will fall ill next month? You haven't mentioned how you feel about your partner going back into the classroom. I don't have a single teacher friend who feels good about bringing students back in.
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

AV8R wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:21 pm
CCubs wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:50 pm Don't you think sending 7,500 kids back to school is a greater risk of spreading COVID19 than staying out and social distancing, wearing masks, and washing hands?
I can't believe that is even a question at this time. If we had listened to the experts back in March, we would be in much better shape to open things back up.
I personally put my health and well being in front of anything else. Without your health, you have nothing.
No, I don't. But I also know that children have not been social distancing, wearing masks and washing hands. I see them in the neighborhood, all ages, hanging out like a normal summer.
Your message proves even more reason that students are'nt ready to return to school.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

CCubs wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:18 pm
AV8R wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:21 pm
CCubs wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:50 pm Don't you think sending 7,500 kids back to school is a greater risk of spreading COVID19 than staying out and social distancing, wearing masks, and washing hands?
I can't believe that is even a question at this time. If we had listened to the experts back in March, we would be in much better shape to open things back up.
I personally put my health and well being in front of anything else. Without your health, you have nothing.
No, I don't. But I also know that children have not been social distancing, wearing masks and washing hands. I see them in the neighborhood, all ages, hanging out like a normal summer.
Your message proves even more reason that students are'nt ready to return to school.
Isn't this something their guardians should have been ensuring happens anyway? How long will it take them to get ready to return to school? Next fall? Who is going to teach them these things? Guess it can't be teachers who have to teach them just about everything else.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
LonelyRita
Reactions:

You haven't seen monkeys fly out of a butt until you see them fly out of MY butt!!
My life matters!! Wear a damned mask!!!
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Let's compare apples and oranges. Kids haven't been school since March, so how did all the kids in Tennessee get sick?

Look what's happened to some of the teams in the MLB. Despite best efforts, you still have some teams that are spitting, high fives with hands, not always wearing masks...and now some series of games are postponed. There's a threat of shutting down the MLB season. And these are adults who still aren't 100% compliant. It's going to be difficult to expect kids to be 100% compliant in school.

I don't have an answer or an opinion about whether kids should be in school or at home e-learning. It's a toss-up because some districts have no to very little COVID cases, while others are hot spots.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Even if students had to "sit out" a full year of school, would'nt that be better than making this pandemic worse than it already is? This just seems like a no-brainer to me. We are literally talking about life and death here, are'nt we?
LovelyRita
Reactions:

I agree! Every student in the world is experiencing disruption to their education. I think we're much better off keeping children safe, we still no very little about how it affects kids in the long run. We can do so much better for students,
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

CCubs wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:09 pm Even if students had to "sit out" a full year of school, would'nt that be better than making this pandemic worse than it already is? This just seems like a no-brainer to me. We are literally talking about life and death here, are'nt we?
This is a straightforward question. By sit out, do you mean not go to school at all, online learning, or......
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

My grandchildren live in VA and FL. One will be starting Kindergarten in the Fall. She’ll be wearing a mask. Time to move on. How do we know that various pandemics are not going to be with us for a while? With or without them, we still have to live our lives and socialize, especially children.
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

I mean actually sit out a year. Everyone just starts over,...after it is deemed safe to do so by actual medical experts.