Peoria Police Chief

AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Wow. I’d take a bullet for my daughter. You won’t risk a viral particle that you’re vaccinated and have natural immunity from. We are two different people.
I will never vote for Kamunism
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

AV8R wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:32 pm Wow. I’d take a bullet for my daughter. You won’t risk a viral particle that you’re vaccinated and have natural immunity from. We are two different people.
Some reconsideration may be going on. Son in law tested positive today. His quarantine ends Feb. 2. Daughter quarantine ends Jan. 31. And she texted my wife tonight asking when her last day to work is. (Friday)

So possibly a trip for both of us to Springfield on Saturday? Obviously the 3 year old won't be returning to daycare Thursday. Stay tuned. (And I'll try to move this conversation back to the other thread).
Tazewell
Reactions:

It would be nice if we could find out how many and what type of arrests we're being made, but anyway, progress.

https://www.week.com/2022/01/26/peoria- ... g-arrests/
Peoria Police say a new tip line app to help solve crimes is working. The app was launched on January 3rd and police say it is already leading to arrests. Police also confirm there is no way they can lead the tip back to the tipster.

After a record year of homicides in 2021, Peoria Police say they are looking to fill a void in how they communicate with tipsters.

“We don’t have any way to respond to that person anonymously. We don’t have anyway to follow up with them for clarifying information,” said Assistant Police Chief Brad Dixon.

That’s how it has been for years, only utilizing CrimeStoppers. But now, people can also download the app ‘Tip 411′. There, people can submit their tips.

“We have several administrators in the department that get the tip,” Dixon continued, “You can’t see who the tip is from, it’s just the information.”

The app is already making impressions in the community.

“I would download and use it,” Peoria resident, Brandon Mackey, continued, “I think anything that can be down to head off all the crime that’s going on around this town, is a worthwhile measure.”
This is still a problem.
Although, another person 25 News spoke with off-camera said they would not use the app because they did not trust it.
Dixon said people should not be skeptical of the app because ‘Tip 411′ removes contact information.

“We have no access to it and then they send us the tip,” said Dixon.

Once the app is downloaded, users have the option to make an account or continue without one. From there, users can enter a description, location and can add a photo or video of the tip. Then, police decide whether they follow up with the message.

“We have a reply button, we have no idea where it’s going,” said Dixon.

It will cost the department about $12,600 for a two-year subscription.

It’s already making an impact, Dixon says they are receiving two to three tips a day.

“It’s led to arrests we’ve been looking to make for some time,” said Dixon.

Dixon hopes the app will continue to help solve crimes and more people decide to use it.

“The ability to be able to respond to the tipster anonymously has been hugely beneficial for us,” said Dixon.
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

While I'm glad that Tip411 is being useful, I also believe that the Walks and Talks helped police identify areas that are rampant with crime, and citizens who knew who was doing what, and were tired of it.