Peoria’s 7th homicide of 2021

Toldyouso
Reactions:

UPDATE (12:20 a.m.) – Police Public Information Officer Semone Roth confirms one person was killed after a Monday night shooting on Peoria’s South Side, making this Peoria’s 28th homicide.
Police responded to the 900 block of Greenlawn Avenue after a 12 round Shot Spotter alert around 10:30 p.m. Monday.
Officers found a man down in the street nearby, between the 1800 and 1900 blocks of Ann Street.
The victim, who has not been identified, was shot multiple times. He was taken to the hospital and was pronounced dead at 11:18 p.m.
No suspect information is available.

At least the murders are slowing down. Peoria has gone about 11 days since the last one, instead of every 7-8 days.
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

28? When was the 27th? I thought Peoria was at 26, as the juvenile shot yesterday on N. Sheridan was listed in critical condition. Just an inquiry.
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

NM that last post. Apparently we are at 28. Actually, 29 now. I heard that the juvenile shot yesterday on Sheridan has died.

What's cause the majority of these? The PJS has a very good interview with Police Officer Aaron Watkins, Special Investigations Unit, on how hybrid gangs are involved.

https://www.pjstar.com/story/news/crime ... 282127001/
Toldyouso
Reactions:

DennisinPeoria wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:22 am NM that last post. Apparently we are at 28. Actually, 29 now. I heard that the juvenile shot yesterday on Sheridan has died.

What's cause the majority of these? The PJS has a very good interview with Police Officer Aaron Watkins, Special Investigations Unit, on how hybrid gangs are involved.

https://www.pjstar.com/story/news/crime ... 282127001/
I guess I spoke too soon about the homicide rate slowing down.
Yes, the 15-year-old boy was the 29th homicide of the year, and the second this week. :cry:
Tazewell
Reactions:

Now number 30.

@AV8R, what are the options for bringing in outside help? State Police? National Guard? I think it's about time for officials to go Paul Kersey on these clowns.
Toldyouso
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:47 pm Now number 30.
This one is especially sad:
PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — An infant who died after their mother was shot in Peoria has been identified as the 30th homicide victim in the city, Peoria Police Chief Eric Echevarria confirmed Tuesday afternoon.

As previously reported, police said Breannia Webster was shot in the 200 block of W. Ann St. on Monday, Sept. 20. The shooting happened during a series of shootings in the city throughout that day.

Webster was pregnant at the time of the shooting.
Tazewell
Reactions:

DennisinPeoria wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:22 am What's cause the majority of these?
Hip Hop culture, Fatherless homes. Lack of Christian, or at least moral, upbringing. Poor city leadership.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Tazewell wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:47 pm Now number 30.

@AV8R, what are the options for bringing in outside help? State Police? National Guard? I think it's about time for officials to go Paul Kersey on these clowns.
Is AV8R the State Police Chief? In charge of the National Guard? Private citizens don't have any authority in a situation like this.
Your girl thinks she knows the answer,...but refuses to reveal what it is.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

Here is Chief Echeveria's press conference on the recent homicides.

https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... in-peoria/

He could not divulge certain details on the open investigations, something I'm sure AV8R has experience with and understands

He did say that the problem was "not created overnight, so we can't expect an answer to occur overnight as well".

So IMO, if the police chief and his team aren't able to shut off the spigot of violence, how can citizens expect city leadership to do it?

I had posted a link earlier to a PJS article about one of the reasons for the violence.
RPlant
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:03 pm
DennisinPeoria wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:22 am What's cause the majority of these?
Hip Hop culture, Fatherless homes. Lack of Christian, or at least moral, upbringing. Poor city leadership.
Is that code for thug life?
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile