Health advisory issued for Peoria County after increased COVID-19 activity

LovelyRita
Reactions:

"PEORIA (HOI) -- The Peoria City/County Health Department has issued a health advisory until further notice.

The department is taking this action because of significant increases in cases per 100,000 population and the percentage of Emergency Department visits for COVID-19-like-illness by Peoria County residents."

Yikes.

https://hoiabc.com/2020/07/24/health-ad ... linois_ABC
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
Whit
Reactions:
Mood:

You are a fucking drama queen. Do me a favor... shut off your internet.
It's people like you that... fuck it! people like you suck!
See ya Monday. :)
RPlant
Reactions:

Wow dude, way to effectively deal with reality.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

I would like to know how much of this new spike, which is largely due to the under 30 age group, is due to the outbreaks at Peoria County Jail and Bradley University.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

kevwr1962 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:21 am I would like to know how much of this new spike, which is largely due to the under 30 age group, is due to the outbreaks at Peoria County Jail and Bradley University.
Yep. I'd also like to see hospital admissions versus hospital census comparisons, because it has been widely reported that hospital stays are increasing as treatments for the virus improve. If that's correct, it would account for a lot of the "sky is falling" hyperbole we hear regarding hospitals at or nearing capacity.
JustRight
Reactions:

@AV8R said:
β€œ... as treatments for the virus improve.”
Exactly! A friend, who works at OSF, just told me that they have found that the use of ventilators is the WORST course of action for those with Covid-19. Simple breathing exercises, including having the patients lie face down for short periods of time, is proving to be a much more successful treatment.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

What's the point you're both trying to make? Hospitalizations are up but that's OK because fewer patients need vents? Yeesh. I don't think you understand healthcare.
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
RPlant
Reactions:

The United States obviously lives in two different worlds at the moment. The denial on the Right is astounding!

You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
JustRight
Reactions:

Two Central Illinois businesses temporarily close due to COVID-19
https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... -covid-19/
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

You know, if I dont like what someone posts I either just disregard it or tactfully debate with them. I dont think we need to swear at them and call them names. It would be up to the owner of the site or a moderater to ban them. Difference of opinions happen every second of every day.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.