Mass shooting in Chicago

RPlant
Reactions:

Toldyouso wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:26 pm
RPlant wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:53 pm
Toldyouso wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:30 am They only violated the laws OF OTHER STATES. This is no different than “pregnant persons” in Texas or Mississippi seeking abortions in Illinois, were there are no restrictions.
Back on topic: a person is murdered every 10 hours in Chicago. As of last night, 613 had been shot and killed since January 1st.
Likely murdered with an illegal gun bought in Indiana. Don’t be fooled by other narratives and gaslighting.
Care to back up that claim with any proof?
See video report at top of page 11, bud! 800 guns used in crimes in Illinois tied to one single freakin' Indiana gun store!
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Sounds like a single gun store is responsible then so quit trying to make it a systemic problem.
RPlant
Reactions:

AV8R wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:23 pm Sounds like a single gun store is responsible then so quit trying to make it a systemic problem.
Wow, a partial admission of the genesis of the problem. At least a start from your camp.

Guns don't kill people!?!, people with (illegal) guns kill people.

#Resistance_is_futile
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Of course, I have always been open to reasoned debate. It’s you who gets locked into a position and will never budge.
RPlant
Reactions:

AV8R wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:04 am Of course, I have always been open to reasoned debate. It’s you who gets locked into a position and will never budge.
And with specific reference to this thread, you completely denied the tie between Northern Indiana gun sales and gun violence in Chicago. If continuing to drum the truth, means I'm dug in. Yep I'm dug in.

#Resistance_is_futile
Toldyouso
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:47 am
AV8R wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:04 am Of course, I have always been open to reasoned debate. It’s you who gets locked into a position and will never budge.
And with specific reference to this thread, you completely denied the tie between Northern Indiana gun sales and gun violence in Chicago. If continuing to drum the truth, means I'm dug in. Yep I'm dug in.
Have the laws in Indiana changed in the last 8 months? Because the shootings/homicides in Chicago have gone up exponentially in that time.
And no, shootings and homicides there weren’t down last year as you’ve previously claimed.
RPlant
Reactions:

Toldyouso wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:08 am
RPlant wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:47 am
Have the laws in Indiana changed in the last 8 months? Because the shootings/homicides in Chicago have gone up exponentially in that time.
And no, shootings and homicides there weren’t down last year as you’ve previously claimed.
I thought your were the local gate keeper of this information!?!

Chicago Has Seen 217 More Shooting Victims in 2021 So Far, Compared to 2020
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/ch ... r-BB1gk5mv
In Chicago, 956 people were shot in the first four months of 2021—217 more than the same point in 2020, which was a record-setting year for shootings in the Illinois city.

The Chicago Tribune, which tracks all of the area's shooting victims, recorded that 956 people were shot between January 1 and April 26. It should be noted that the weekly data set provided by the newspaper reports the number of victims, not the amount of shootings.

At this point last year, 739 people were hit by gunfire in Chicago.

According to the Tribune, homicides are also up this year compared to 2020. So far, 185 people have been killed—27 more than at this point last year. The majority of homicides are the result of gun violence, the newspaper found.

#Resistance_is_futile
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Yes, she said they had went up. The question you dodged however was about the laws in Indiana.
RPlant
Reactions:

AV8R wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:05 am Yes, she said they had went up. The question you dodged however was about the laws in Indiana.
The crime being charged is violating Federal gun law, essentially interstate trafficking. Indiana's state law is irrelevant, beyond it being inadequate to Illinois' and contributing to the problem.

#Resistance_is_futile
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

RPlant wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:58 am
AV8R wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:05 am Yes, she said they had went up. The question you dodged however was about the laws in Indiana.
The crime being charged is violating Federal gun law, essentially interstate trafficking. Indiana's state law is irrelevant, beyond it being inadequate to Illinois' and contributing to the problem.

If it’s federal law why did you say this then a few comments back?

Why are gun shops in Northern Indiana circumventing Illinois law?