Fall School

LovelyRita
Reactions:

"The president is demanding that classes resume this fall—but his own failures are forcing districts to shut their doors."

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ll/614353/
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

JustRight wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:24 pm IVC School District just announced they are going back to full-time, in-classroom teaching.
Teachers and parents were polled. 76% of respondents chose the full-time, in-classroom option. Remote learning will be made available for those who prefer it.
good news, but maybe they haven't heard from Rita yet? She assured us this wouldn't happen.
Last edited by AV8R on Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Joepyeweed wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:22 pm As for the Covid death count - it’s well known that numbers are not exactly accurate. However the error is on the low side. More people have died from covid than are being reported. That can be proven statistically by looking at excess death numbers. Total deaths In a month compared to the average from the last 5 years for that month.
Yes sir. Those are exactly the numbers they are "harvesting" for impact now. July death reports include deaths from April, May, June and a few from July. As hospitals have the opportunity to go back through all deaths and find ways to reclassify them as "died with Covid" they get their $13K from the government. A lot of deaths are not necessarily Covid deaths. A gunshot wound who coughs a few times before expiring should not be classified as "died with Covid" but that is what's happening. There are around 50K excess deaths to be distributed between now and November.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

Texas will allow schools to keep classrooms closed longer than previously ordered

Facing growing backlash from teachers, parents and health officials, Texas education officials Friday relaxed a previous order that would have given public schools just three weeks from the start of the fall semester to reopen their classrooms for in-person instruction.

School districts will be allowed to delay on-campus instruction for at least four weeks, and ask for waivers to continue remote instruction for up to four additional weeks in areas hard hit by the coronavirus pandemic. During those second four weeks, districts must educate at least a small number of students on campus, and tell the state what public health conditions would allow them to bring more students into classrooms.

Local school boards in areas with a lot of community spread can also delay the start of the school year.,

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.texast ... ening/amp/
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

That's incredible that you yourself and not some alt-right website is data-mining all 50 states like that.
It's actually 50 counties, in 13 states. And I didn't data mine all of them, as I said I look at multiple sources and verify. If the numbers are verifiable then I trust the author and consider his or her conclusions. For instance the numbers from Texas were verified from the local website that I linked to.
I'm pretty sure that there was a discussion on the old PDC how confirmed Covid-19 deaths and suspected Covid-19 deaths were being coded in New York at the start of this.
wasn't on PDC for quite a while, as you may recall we were both banned from that site. :lol:
The following table published by the CDC is very clear that the U07.1 code and J12,0 code are NOT being added together in the reported number - but I know that doesn't fit your narrative.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm
well you finally got something right. If the data coming from CDC doesn't match the local sources they cull their information from, then I don't trust it. My "narrative" is to look for fact based information, and if the CDC isn't providing it then they don't fit my "narrative."
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Joepyeweed
Reactions:
Mood:

AV8R wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:15 pm
Joepyeweed wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:22 pm As for the Covid death count - it’s well known that numbers are not exactly accurate. However the error is on the low side. More people have died from covid than are being reported. That can be proven statistically by looking at excess death numbers. Total deaths In a month compared to the average from the last 5 years for that month.
Yes sir. Those are exactly the numbers they are "harvesting" for impact now. July death reports include deaths from April, May, June and a few from July. As hospitals have the opportunity to go back through all deaths and find ways to reclassify them as "died with Covid" they get their $13K from the government. A lot of deaths are not necessarily Covid deaths. A gunshot wound who coughs a few times before expiring should not be classified as "died with Covid" but that is what's happening. There are around 50K excess deaths to be distributed between now and November.
The excess deaths are higher than the covid deaths.
No one gets paid any money for people who died at home untreated, so it’s not all about money.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

Ooooh! Where do you work? I'd love to drop in.
Whit
Reactions:
Mood:

You have 1 day, I'm sorry you won't make it to my retirement party. But, you would make a good sandwich maker. The mask you would wear will keep us from hearing your "karen" voice. I only ask you to wash your hands before serving those sammiches.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

What's the name of your business? I'd still love to stop by. It's a shame I won't be able to take you up on any of your wonderful offers.