Crusens closed temporarily

DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

The restaurant on Farmington Road is closed until July 15. According to WMBD news This Morning, a cook tested positive for COVID. All other workers have tested negative. A special crew is coming in to do a deep cleaning. The other two Crusens locations are still open
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
RambleOn
Reactions:

I think there will be others that have to close up shop after having opened. People are getting careless in thinking because we can be in larger groups, that what the heck, add a few more folks, leave the mask dangling from one ear and give the old friends a hug.
Above all, be kind!
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Yes. From the looks of it we are all heading into another shutdown.
JustRight
Reactions:

Pock wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:55 pm Yes. From the looks of it we are all heading into another shutdown.
I hope you are wrong. Two restaurants in Chillicothe just reopened this week, after being closed since March. A second lockdown would mean the death of these places.
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

JustRight wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:06 pm
Pock wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:55 pm Yes. From the looks of it we are all heading into another shutdown.
I hope you are wrong. Two restaurants in Chillicothe just reopened this week, after being closed since March. A second lockdown would mean the death of these places.
I hope I am wrong too!
RPlant
Reactions:

Sounds like they need to get their act together anyway!

Liquor Commission orders Crusens to close early
https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... -concerns/
WEST PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) – The West Peoria Liquor Commission has order Crusens on Farmington Road to close early for the next three days.

According to an order obtained by WMBD, Crusens must shut down by 8 p.m. Thursday, July 16, through Sunday, July 18.

Mayor Jim Dillon, who signed the order, says the decision follows concerns of overcrowding at the popular late night hang-out, specifically referencing issues on July 2. Police and city officials received complaints of people blocking the street, causing issues at nearby businesses, open alcohol and problems with police officers.

“It’s the toughest thing to do as a mayor or liquor commission,” said Dillon over the phone. “You never want to shut down a business, but you want to make sure people and businesses are safe.”

On July 10, the West People Liquor Commission held a hearing about the allegations and found them to be credible, according the document. Monday, Crusens management submitted plans to address those concerns, including preventative measures. But Wednesday, the commission rejected those plans and issued this order, instead.

Crusens, which has three locations in the Peoria area, temporarily closed the Farmington Road location last week after a cook tested positive for COVID-19. Management ordered deep cleanings at all of its locations. However, the mayor confirmed this order is unrelated to the positive case.

Dillon said the establishment can open each day for earlier traffic but must close by 8 p.m. According the order, Crusens will not face any further punishment if no repeat violations occur.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

RPlant wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:26 am Sounds like they need to get their act together anyway!
I had a 20-something I used to work with tell me she and her friends quit going to see bands there as the tension in the air grew as the night went on and felt like something to erupt at any moment (which isn't a good time when you are trying to have a good time). She said it is a totally different crown and atmosphere than the one on War Drive. I have no clue...never been there, but this isn't the first time they've had shit go down in the parking lot there.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

So what kind of crowd does the Farmington bar attract? Red necks, yuppies, millennials, Gen-Xers, Baby boomers? Or doesn't matter as long as some have a few too many drinks, start to get rowdy after awhile.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
RPlant
Reactions:

DennisinMH wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:55 am So what kind of crowd does the Farmington bar attract? Red necks, yuppies, millennials, Gen-Xers, Baby boomers? Or doesn't matter as long as some have a few too many drinks, start to get rowdy after awhile.
Isn't this kind of a Bradley hang? My guess it is friction between the townies and college kids.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

Wasn't the mayor of Peoria' nephew arrested there with a gun? There has been a wide diverse of age, sex, race, etc. of people arrested down there. I don't know who their main demographic would be, but it seems like many fall into the "troublemaker" category.
Last edited by kevwr1962 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........