Fall School

JustRight
Reactions:

AV8R wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:01 am
DennisinMH wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:16 am

So what's your preferred source of reliable COVID-19 information? I tend to listen to Dr. Fauci and the NIH vs. the CDC, the WHO, and any White House administration official.
I don't have one preferred source. I don't put much stock in Fauci, he's been wrong more than he's been right. I look at NIH and CDC date, don't care what the WHO says. Also look at a lot of independent sources, physicians groups, people who don't have a personal interest politically in the information one way or the other.
My preferred source is the Peoria City/County Health Department. What happens in Washington D.C., Florida, or even Chicago has little bearing on my health. So, based on what I’m learning from my local Health Department, I have little chance of dying of/with the virus...as long as I stay away from long-term care facilities.
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

JustRight wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:14 am
AV8R wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:01 am
DennisinMH wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:16 am

So what's your preferred source of reliable COVID-19 information? I tend to listen to Dr. Fauci and the NIH vs. the CDC, the WHO, and any White House administration official.
I don't have one preferred source. I don't put much stock in Fauci, he's been wrong more than he's been right. I look at NIH and CDC date, don't care what the WHO says. Also look at a lot of independent sources, physicians groups, people who don't have a personal interest politically in the information one way or the other.
My preferred source is the Peoria City/County Health Department. What happens in Washington D.C., Florida, or even Chicago has little bearing on my health. So, based on what I’m learning from my local Health Department, I have little chance of dying of/with the virus...as long as I stay away from long-term care facilities.
Looking back I think this will be one of the lessons learned. We should of had a more local approach to the virus.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

although not finalized it certainly appears that schools are headed for in person learning this fall.

https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... all-plans/
JustRight
Reactions:

From the President of the American Academy of Pediatrics:
"Children learn more in school than just reading, writing and arithmetic," she went on, suggesting that long-term at-home learning can affect children's social and emotional skills, diet, exercise, mental health "and other things that just cannot be provided online.”

LovelyRita
Reactions:

No one is disputing that in person school has traditionally been the most effective way to educate. Who has said otherwise?

How do we do it safely?
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:02 pm How do we do it safely?
You don't. More children have died due to school shootings than COVID-19. Statistically, children are more likely to be killed by a gunman than COVID-19. Taking children out of school isn't the answer.
JustRight
Reactions:

It’s worth reading this whole article:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 398493002/
LovelyRita
Reactions:

I read it. What do you think about the president wanting CDC guidelines changed? I think he should leave the CDC guidelines alone and stfu.
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

It’s not surprising that democrats have clamored for a nationwide policy from the president regarding the virus, but when one is forthcoming they whine about being “bullied” by DC, saying it isn’t helpful. Pick a position and stick with it. Otherwise shut up, you’re just a partisan hack.