Happy New Year!

DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Everyone here have a safe and Happy New Year! Good to see 2020 leaving us.

1. Hoping for a better year from 2021, in terms of defeating COVID, bringing life back to normal by September. My wife and I will be ready to roll up our sleeves to get that vaccine shot when it's our turn.

2. For New Year's Eve, we're just popping a frozen pizza into the oven, as I'm sure pizza places will be slammed. We also have snacks along with my Budweiser and her Smirnoff's Raspberry Ice. She won't get to do much celebrating, as she has a 5 am work shift to start out the year. (I'll wake her up just before midnight to bring in 2021.) Jason's Deli is closed, and there's no early news shows on WMBD/WYZZ.

3. With weather forecast, I don't plan on venturing out. Depending on forecast, I have offered to drive my wife to work at 4:30 am, but as of right now she might be fine driving herself.

4. I recently subscribed to HBO Max, plan to watch Wonder Woman 1984. I have seen all episodes of "The Mandalorian", might also stream "Captain Marvel", as I've only seen it once in the theaters. Wife and I enjoyed the new Pixar film, "Soul" last weekend on Disney+.

5. Minimum wage goes up to $11/hr, so I'll get a Jason's raise for first time in 2 years. (All other raises based on performance). I also found out I'll be getting a nice boost in pay from WMBD (but so is everyone else).

6. Even with assurances that I'll be brought to FT at WMBD, I still feel I have to have a back up plan. I'm considering dumping Jason's, going with Door Dash, and invest in a decent video camera package. (While still PT at WMBD). Then I can get back to doing what I feel I was always meant to do, shooting/editing videos. Of course, wife is not thrilled with idea, because of self employment taxes and issues.

Here's wishing everyone a healthier, more prosperous, and Happier New Year 2021!!
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

We both went to bed without greeting 2021 as it came in. Both in bed by 10:45, and I did take her to work. Roads were clear, but started raining a little on the way home. Started a Crock-Pot of Turkey Tavern burgers for dinner. (Ground up turkey, ketchup, mustard and brown sugar). Went back to bed about 6 am, got up at 9:15. Watched Wonder Woman 1984, pretty good movie. Roads to Morton not bad. Now in Kroger parking lot waiting for wife and Starbucks for both us, lol. And since it's the 1st of the month, listening to Metallica's Black Album on flash drive.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
RPlant
Reactions:

DennisinMH wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:41 pm We both went to bed without greeting 2021 as it came in. Both in bed by 10:45, and I did take her to work. Roads were clear, but started raining a little on the way home. Started a Crock-Pot of Turkey Tavern burgers for dinner. (Ground up turkey, ketchup, mustard and brown sugar). Went back to bed about 6 am, got up at 9:15. Watched Wonder Woman 1984, pretty good movie. Roads to Morton not bad. Now in Kroger parking lot waiting for wife and Starbucks for both us, lol. And since it's the 1st of the month, listening to Metallica's Black Album on flash drive.
Nearly the same. To bed by 8pm, woke up from fireworks at midnight, up at 5. Homemade Mexican fest for this New Years Day.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
RambleOn
Reactions:

Made a blog post for the first time in over four years. It's a farewell to 2020 and hello to 2021. Happy New Year everyone! https://iwillrambleon.blogspot.com/?fbc ... bhSKWzwFEA
Above all, be kind!