Fall School

SNMehr
Reactions:

LovelyRita wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:18 pm
SNMehr wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:20 pm LovelyRita posted: "Perhaps meeting in small groups at neighborhood libraries would work better." Per your previous post, you seemed concerned schools would not be sanitized quickly enough to prevent the spread of the virus. Why do you think it could be done more efficiently at neighborhood libraries? Wouldn't that pose equal or greater problems with community members who want to use these facilities? Or would they not be permitted the use of the facilities during school hours? And who would be responsible for extra sanitation work? The librarians? I'm not comfortable with this solution, either.
I don't think schools can be kept clean enough to prevent further spreading at all.

Meeting in smaller groups closer to students' homes means no transportation issues (transportation is usually the biggest expense in any district). It would be quite easy to maintain a single space such as a meeting room rather than an entire school and all busses. Not all students would require time with the teacher, but those who do would have that available without having to send students into buildings with hundreds of bodies gathered for hours.
How many neighborhood libraries or other meeting rooms are in walking distance to accommodate all the students just at Peoria High? How will first graders get to their class? Who will assume responsibility/have insurance for any issues that may arise? Who cleans/disinfects? How much time will teachers spend driving around instead of teaching class? Do the taxpayers have to reimbursed them for mileage? Will SROs be there in case a fight breaks out? Leave the children in their schools.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

I thought she was joking when she posted that.
Joe B
Reactions:

LovelyRita wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:02 pm School social workers won't be responding to domestic violence calls. It's odd you think that's what they do.
I see you added ( School) to your post, that was not in your first post. There fore I agree with AV. Both Social workers will be busy. Where are the Parents???
LovelyRita
Reactions:

Joe B wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:59 am
LovelyRita wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:02 pm School social workers won't be responding to domestic violence calls. It's odd you think that's what they do.
I see you added ( School) to your post, that was not in your first post. There fore I agree with AV. Both Social workers will be busy. Where are the Parents???
Parents are working...
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
LovelyRita
Reactions:

SNMehr wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:57 pm
LovelyRita wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:18 pm
SNMehr wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:20 pm LovelyRita posted: "Perhaps meeting in small groups at neighborhood libraries would work better." Per your previous post, you seemed concerned schools would not be sanitized quickly enough to prevent the spread of the virus. Why do you think it could be done more efficiently at neighborhood libraries? Wouldn't that pose equal or greater problems with community members who want to use these facilities? Or would they not be permitted the use of the facilities during school hours? And who would be responsible for extra sanitation work? The librarians? I'm not comfortable with this solution, either.
I don't think schools can be kept clean enough to prevent further spreading at all.

Meeting in smaller groups closer to students' homes means no transportation issues (transportation is usually the biggest expense in any district). It would be quite easy to maintain a single space such as a meeting room rather than an entire school and all busses. Not all students would require time with the teacher, but those who do would have that available without having to send students into buildings with hundreds of bodies gathered for hours.
How many neighborhood libraries or other meeting rooms are in walking distance to accommodate all the students just at Peoria High? How will first graders get to their class? Who will assume responsibility/have insurance for any issues that may arise? Who cleans/disinfects? How much time will teachers spend driving around instead of teaching class? Do the taxpayers have to reimbursed them for mileage? Will SROs be there in case a fight breaks out? Leave the children in their schools.
Thinking outside the box will be necessary. Do you have any ideas or thoughts about how children will be educated during a pandemic?
Joe B
Reactions:

LovelyRita wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:23 am
Joe B wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:59 am
Parents are working...
I see, So that relieves them of the responsibility of Parenting. Insuring that they are doing thier work. My Parents both worked, but I was checked on. My wife and I both worked, But we knew what our kids where doing. Parenting is SO Hard now
LovelyRita
Reactions:

I've never parented during a pandemic before...have you?
Joe B
Reactions:

LovelyRita wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:52 am I've never parented during a pandemic before...have you?
Really, I thought all where at home. Kids running the Streets. Parenting is Parenting. Went thru the 50, and 60. there where problems.. Truth is kids would be Safer in school, then doing a Gun grab at Bass Pro.

Just blame it on the Pandemic Weather they are learning in school or at home. Parents need to Know what their kids are doing and they don't.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

In THIS post I was querying about school. I know parents are scrambling to find ways to make education accessible for their students. Hybrid classes pose a unique problem for 0atents who have employers forcing them to work during the pandemic. Lots of naysayers here... How about some suggestions? Ya'll bitch and moan but never put forth your own solutions.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:37 am In THIS post I was querying about school. I know parents are scrambling to find ways to make education accessible for their students. Hybrid classes pose a unique problem for 0atents who have employers forcing them to work during the pandemic. Lots of naysayers here... How about some suggestions? Ya'll bitch and moan but never put forth your own solutions.
suggestion: Open the schools K-6 as children are very very unlikely to spread Covid. Open the schools 7-12 because this disease is just a tad more deadly than a bad flu season if you're under 70 years old. Offer masks to staff members. Open some windows on each bus and lock them open so the kids cannot close them. Problem solved.